An exciting opportunity is available at Plantation Productions on a 12 month contract for an Admin/Project Support Assistant working 25 hours over 5 days. This post would suit someone starting out in their career, looking to take their skills to the next level. It is a varied role working with a small team.
The job is funded through the SCVO Community Jobs scheme and all candidates must meet the criteria set (see https://scvo.org.uk/jobs/community-jobs-scotland/vacancies ). Application and eligibility forms are available at your local job centre and you must be unemployed at the time of application.
Your duties will include assisting the Office Manager with the day to day administration of a community arts and media charity. To assist other members of staff as required and set up/support projects and groups running within the charity.
- Answering the phone and passing on messages to relevant staff
- Responding to information requires from the local community
- Maintaining general office supplies
- Opening/closing the charities premises
- Setting up for meetings and group activities
- Research, note and record keeping
- Maintaining files and contacts databases
- General administrative duties
- Marketing, including social media
- Experience of using MS Office Suite, Laptops and/or Macs
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written
- Able to problem solve and work on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Flexible and willing to contribute to the success of the team
- Attention to detail, keeping accurate records and notes
- Previous admin experience/qualifications
- Interest and/or experience in arts & media
- Marketing/social media
By Julie-Anne Simm